I am pleased to be able to confirm the teams for The Roger Merry Southampton Mini Tournament which will take place on the 18th November.
Pitches open at 9.30am.
Coaches briefing at 9.45am.
Hockey starts at 10am.
Tournament finishes at 1pm.
We have been asked to arrive 30 minutes before the start of our first games.
Matches start at 10am, so please arrive at around 9.30am.
The postcode is SO16 7AY and is known as Southampton Sports Centre
Each team will take part in 5 matches over the course of the morning. Each match will last approx 10 mins.
Order of play to follow
Team selection to follow
Some rules for the day:
1. There may be Southampton Echo photographer on site to take photographs and the club are hopeful that there will be coverage in the paper this week.
Please give you cooperation whenever possible.
Should this cause any problems please relay these to the photographer. No personal names will be used with the photographs
2. Please make your way to your pitches at least five minutes before your start time and be ready to start your game.
3. The U10s tournament will be held on three half pitches for Under 10s.
4 The tournament will be started by a central timer, and each game ended by a central timer. There will be NO restart hooter. You are asked to start games as soon as both teams are on the pitch. This will maximise the playing time.
5. We have been asked to ask you not to gather behind the goals and along sidelines or down the middle of pitches to ensure safety of the children
6. There will be NO penalty corners instead a free hit will be given two yards outside the shooting circle. All players should be 3 yards from the ball except the striker
7. We will not be using the self take free hit. Normal MINI hockey rules will otherwise apply, with an emphasis being placed on safe and fair play.
8. The club have arranged for changing rooms to be available in case of bad weather. Please make use of them freely but try to be at your next game five minutes before the start time.
As ever, please ensure that the children are well clothed and fed as there is a lot of hockey to be played.